This is primarily a travel blog in which I write about traveling in our motorhome. Our travels have

Nacogdoches, TX, United States
I began this blog as a vehicle for reporting on a 47-day trip made by my wife and me in our motorhome down to the Yucatan Peninsula and back. I continued writing about our post-Yucatan travels and gradually began including non-travel related topics. I often rant about things that piss me off, such as gun violence, fracking, healthcare, education, and anything else that pushes my button. I have a photography gallery on my Smugmug site (http://rbmartiniv.smugmug.com).

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Labor Day Weekend at Lake Tahoe

I don’t mean for this to sound like a theme, but we slept in again this morning.  But that’s okay because we are retired!  The temperature was still in the 40’s when I got up at 8:30 AM.  On weekends the RV park offers an outdoor pancake breakfast so we went over for breakfast about 9:30 AM.  While we were eating, Carol Ann told me to look at the table next to us.  Here is what we saw:


Kind of destroys the appetite, doesn’t it.  One thing about an RV park is that you see people from all walks of life.

Before this trip I removed the CrossFire pressure equalization systems from the rear dual tires because they were leaking air.  This morning fter breakfast I took them apart and replaced the O rings with new ones that the company sent me.  I’ll install the systems tomorrow and see if they still leak. 

This afternoon Carol Ann and Karen went to the super market and Bruce and I went to NAPA, O’Reilly Auto Parts, and Radio Shack.  I was looking for valve extensions and Bruce for batteries.  Bruce found the batteries he needed but I couldn’t find the valve extensions I wanted.  If the CrossFires work okay I shouldn’t need the extensions anyway.

We grilled outside for supper tonight and sat out chatting and drinking wine for a while.  When it  got too cool we retreated to our motorhome for dessert and a board game called Jokers and Pegs (aka Jokers and Marbles). 

This being Labor Day weekend, Lake Tahoe and the RV park are very crowded and the traffic is terrible.  A lot of these people will leave once the weekend is over and we will get out and do more without the crowds.  Tomorrow night there will be fireworks over the lake, which should be quite spectacular.  I enjoy photographing fireworks because they can give you some really dramatic images, if you can find the right spot to shoot from. 

Sorry for a less than exciting posting, but that’s not necessarily bad when you are just taking it easy.

No comments :