This is primarily a travel blog in which I write about traveling in our motorhome. Our travels have

Nacogdoches, TX, United States
I began this blog as a vehicle for reporting on a 47-day trip made by my wife and me in our motorhome down to the Yucatan Peninsula and back. I continued writing about our post-Yucatan travels and gradually began including non-travel related topics. I often rant about things that piss me off, such as gun violence, fracking, healthcare, education, and anything else that pushes my button. I have a photography gallery on my Smugmug site (http://rbmartiniv.smugmug.com).

Monday, September 9, 2013

Rocks & Water


I have been culling through my 25,000 photos from our summer trip to the Canadian Maritimes and have managed to delete about 10,000 or so.  As went through for the 3rd or 4th time I began to notice that I seem to take a lot of photos of rocks and water.  I had a coupon for a free 20-page, 8"x8", hardback photo book from Shutterfly and since it would expire soon, I decided to create a photo book with some of the rock and water photos.  I sorted through them until I was down to a workable number and the results are shown below for those of you wishing to view the book.

I do like the combination.  Rocks are solid, heavy, and often immovable, forcing the water to detour around it.  However, water in motion will keep pushing, even though the rock may not even notice. But, given enough time, the water will ultimately wear away the rock. I'm sure there must be a lesson somewhere in this natural phenomenon.


Shutterfly allows bloggers to embed photo books in their blogs, as Shutterfly would like very much to sell copies to the blogs' readers. Please, don't think that I am trying to sell anything.  Even if you did purchase a copy, I would not receive any part of the purchase price.




3 comments :

Croft said...

Very nice book Robert! It is quite an accomplishment getting rid on almost half your photos, I wish I could do the same! I have 94 Gigs of JPG's from Mexico and a lot of them are almost duplicates and many others are of not so good quality. They could certainly use a purge.

Robert & Carol Ann Martin said...

Thanks for the kind words. It was difficult to hit the delete button and even more difficult to then "Empty the Trash" permanently. I have a lot more room on my HD now!

Robert & Carol Ann Martin said...

Thanks for the kind words. It was difficult to hit the delete button and even more difficult to then "Empty the Trash" permanently. I have a lot more room on my HD now!