This is primarily a travel blog in which I write about traveling in our motorhome. Our travels have

Nacogdoches, TX, United States
I began this blog as a vehicle for reporting on a 47-day trip made by my wife and me in our motorhome down to the Yucatan Peninsula and back. I continued writing about our post-Yucatan travels and gradually began including non-travel related topics. I often rant about things that piss me off, such as gun violence, fracking, healthcare, education, and anything else that pushes my button. I have a photography gallery on my Smugmug site (http://rbmartiniv.smugmug.com).

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate

Today we rode the Metro into DC to visit the Holocaust Museum and have lunch. The Holocaust Museum was very interesting and sobering but the lunch made the day. After the museum we had Sunday brunch at a restaurant named Co Co Sala. The theme was chocolate. Everything on the menu included chocolate in some form or fashion. I had the Hotcake Obsession. These were citrus ricotta pancakes with white chocolate lemon cream, a berry compote, and caramel passion fruit sauce. A side of crisp bacon and a chocolate crème brulee with toasted marshmallow and graham crumbles rounded out the meal. Carol Ann also had the pancakes and crème brulee, but instead of crisp bacon she had chocolate covered bacon and a pear salad. Needless to say, there were also chocolate drinks. Check out their entire menu at http://www.cocosala.com/menu/. It was a bit pricey but worth every penny. It was hard to stay awake on the train back to the rv park.

No comments :