This is primarily a travel blog in which I write about traveling in our motorhome. Our travels have

Nacogdoches, TX, United States
I began this blog as a vehicle for reporting on a 47-day trip made by my wife and me in our motorhome down to the Yucatan Peninsula and back. I continued writing about our post-Yucatan travels and gradually began including non-travel related topics. I often rant about things that piss me off, such as gun violence, fracking, healthcare, education, and anything else that pushes my button. I have a photography gallery on my Smugmug site (http://rbmartiniv.smugmug.com).

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Monument Valley

We arrived in Monument Valley this afternoon after a two and a half day drive from Shawnee, OK. Monument Valley looks the same as it did in the old Westerns that were made here.
The East and West Mittens
John Wayne was one well known star who made several movies here, including "Stagecoach", "The Searchers", and "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon". One of these movies is shown at the Goulding's Lodge every night at 8 PM. Admission is free. We are staying in our motorhome at Goulding's RV Park just down the road.

Tomorrow we will be taking a tour of the Valley and I will post some of the photos on this blog.

*Note: The header photo of this blog just happens to be the approach to Monument Valley.

No comments :