This is primarily a travel blog in which I write about traveling in our motorhome. Our travels have

Nacogdoches, TX, United States
I began this blog as a vehicle for reporting on a 47-day trip made by my wife and me in our motorhome down to the Yucatan Peninsula and back. I continued writing about our post-Yucatan travels and gradually began including non-travel related topics. I often rant about things that piss me off, such as gun violence, fracking, healthcare, education, and anything else that pushes my button. I have a photography gallery on my Smugmug site (http://rbmartiniv.smugmug.com).

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Road Trip!

For the first time since our return from Mexico we are about to hit the road for a couple of weeks.  We have a new Pergo "wood" laminate floor in the motorhome and a brand new toad that we traded for our poor little Saturn.  The Saturn was a good car and a good toad, but Mexico simply proved too much for it!  We are now the proud owners of a new 2012 Chevy Traverse LTZ.  We ordered it so we could get just what we wanted.  The color is Midnight Blue and we are hoping it will look good behind our blue and gray motorhome.  I'll take some photos and post them down the road.

In the morning (Monday) we will drive the motorhome and Traverse to M&G Engineering in Athens, TX to have the towing base plate and the supplementary air braking system installed on the Traverse.  We had the same braking system on the Saturn and really liked it.

We should pull out of M&G around 2 PM and head for Carthage, TX where we hope to arrive by 4 PM.  Our Texas Disco (for Fleetwood Discovery motorhome) Road Runners, or TDRR, club is holding a rally in Carthage.  We will have to leave the rally on Thursday, a day early, in order to make it to Cuthbert, GA for my 50th high school class reunion that is being held on Friday and Saturday.  That should be a real interesting experience as I have seen very few of my former classmates since shortly after graduation.

After the weekend reunion we will probably venture up to Athens (GA) and Atlanta and visit a couple of old friends before returning to Texas.  I'll let you know how the trip goes.

No comments :