This is primarily a travel blog in which I write about traveling in our motorhome. Our travels have

Nacogdoches, TX, United States
I began this blog as a vehicle for reporting on a 47-day trip made by my wife and me in our motorhome down to the Yucatan Peninsula and back. I continued writing about our post-Yucatan travels and gradually began including non-travel related topics. I often rant about things that piss me off, such as gun violence, fracking, healthcare, education, and anything else that pushes my button. I have a photography gallery on my Smugmug site (http://rbmartiniv.smugmug.com).

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

7.6 Earthquake Hits Mexico!

Did anyone reading the blog feel it?  It shook buildings in Mexico City a short while ago.  It was first reported as 7.9, then changed shortly thereafter to 7.6 (the President of Mexico says 7.8).  The epicenter was about 15 miles (25 km) east of Ometepec, Guerrero, the USGS said, and its depth was about 11 miles (17 km).  That puts it between Acapulco and Oaxaca.  The signs of an impending quake have been building for a while now.  Maybe today's quake relieved some of the accumulated pressure.  No reports of injuries or damage.  After shocks were reported just a few minutes ago.

1 comment :

Croft said...

We just pulled into Matahula an hour ago and never felt a thing!