This is primarily a travel blog in which I write about traveling in our motorhome. Our travels have

Nacogdoches, TX, United States
I began this blog as a vehicle for reporting on a 47-day trip made by my wife and me in our motorhome down to the Yucatan Peninsula and back. I continued writing about our post-Yucatan travels and gradually began including non-travel related topics. I often rant about things that piss me off, such as gun violence, fracking, healthcare, education, and anything else that pushes my button. I have a photography gallery on my Smugmug site (http://rbmartiniv.smugmug.com).

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Harlingen, TX

We woke up this morning in Victoria to a very thick fog.  The Sam’s Club across the parking wasn’t visible so we waited until approximately 9:30 AM before we could see well enough to drive.  We arrived at Tropic Winds RV Resort in Harlingen around 2 PM.  We had intended to buy fuel in Harlingen, but the Wagon Master suggested we wait until after crossing the border on Thursday, as diesel is a dollar per gallon less in Mexico.

Tomorrow we will drive (the car) about 18 miles to the border (Reynosa) to get our visas, which will save a lot of time Thursday when we head out in the motor home.  About half of the tour group is already here and the rest will be here tomorrow. 

Other than going down to the border tomorrow we have nothing else to do before Thursday other than getting everything in order and making a few last minute purchases.  I will complete the installation of the WiFi repeater and re-install the Pressure Pro tire pressure monitoring system on the motor home and car tires.

1 comment :

Littlebit1031@comcast.net said...

Robert/Carol: Look at your first day as a new experience (that you happened to have had on numerous other occasions). At least you did not end up in a ditch. Reading your posts, and will hopefully enjoy your trip/comments in the weeks ahead. At least your going on the trip. We could not make it due to work. You going to make it to Bay view at the end of your trip?
Gary & Sonia Livingston
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39S
TDRR members