This is primarily a travel blog in which I write about traveling in our motorhome. Our travels have

Nacogdoches, TX, United States
I began this blog as a vehicle for reporting on a 47-day trip made by my wife and me in our motorhome down to the Yucatan Peninsula and back. I continued writing about our post-Yucatan travels and gradually began including non-travel related topics. I often rant about things that piss me off, such as gun violence, fracking, healthcare, education, and anything else that pushes my button. I have a photography gallery on my Smugmug site (http://rbmartiniv.smugmug.com).

Saturday, August 25, 2012

I'm Tired!

I am temporarily without my laptop so this will be short (on iPhone). I left the RV before dawn this morning and was first to arrive at Tent Rocks National Monument. It was about a two hour hike up a mountain. Much of the way was through a slot canyon that was very narrow in places. Some of our group did not go all the way up. I was the oldest in the group yet proud to say I was first to the top. The photos will have to wait until tomorrow.

The afternoon was spent critiquing the photos. After the session, we all went to the rooftop bar at the La Fonda Hotel for drinks and to watch the sunset.

We start again at 7AM tomorrow morning on Canyon Road, a very artsy area. Hopefully, I will get some interesting photos. I'll let you know tomorrow night. Right now I am going to crash and hope I make it through tomorrow.

No comments :