This is primarily a travel blog in which I write about traveling in our motorhome. Our travels have

Nacogdoches, TX, United States
I began this blog as a vehicle for reporting on a 47-day trip made by my wife and me in our motorhome down to the Yucatan Peninsula and back. I continued writing about our post-Yucatan travels and gradually began including non-travel related topics. I often rant about things that piss me off, such as gun violence, fracking, healthcare, education, and anything else that pushes my button. I have a photography gallery on my Smugmug site (http://rbmartiniv.smugmug.com).

Saturday, August 18, 2012

And We're OFF (almost), Like a Turd of Hurtles!

For the past 2 hours we have loaded another 2 or 3 tons of stuff we may never use into the RV.  The car is hitched up and the generator is running so the roof top A/C's will have the coach nice and cool when we leave. 

Carol Ann just came back from the grocery store.  She stopped by Chick Filet (not a political statement) and picked up "brunch" for us and our daughter, Kristin, just brought Jamie (grandson) over to see us off.  He will keep up with us via Skype while we are gone.  I had estimated departure by 10:30 AM.  It is 10:20 AM now so it will be close.  By 11 AM at least.


No comments :