This is primarily a travel blog in which I write about traveling in our motorhome. Our travels have

Nacogdoches, TX, United States
I began this blog as a vehicle for reporting on a 47-day trip made by my wife and me in our motorhome down to the Yucatan Peninsula and back. I continued writing about our post-Yucatan travels and gradually began including non-travel related topics. I often rant about things that piss me off, such as gun violence, fracking, healthcare, education, and anything else that pushes my button. I have a photography gallery on my Smugmug site (http://rbmartiniv.smugmug.com).

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Lobster Cove


Carol Ann and I were very lazy today.  I slept late and neither one of us felt like making an effort to get out and see the sights.  Is it possible to become desensitized to beautiful scenery?  It's like, ho-hum, yes, that would be a really great shot, but I'm tired and there will be plenty more that are just as good if not better.  That's really bad.  The height of laziness.  Almost every where you turn there is a great view.  This part of the world literally reeks with good scenery and great photo ops.  There are an awful lot of people that would give their right hand (well, maybe not) to be where I am now.  I should be more motivated.  I'll have to look into upping the dosage of my medications!

Tonight our group is having is a pot luck supper before getting ready for tomorrow's drive.  It will be a fairly long drive.  It's 263 miles to Twillingate Island, NL and Peyton's Woods RV Park for three nights.  Twillingate Island is on the northeastern coast of Newfoundland in Notre Dame Bay and is supposed to be one of the best places from which to see icebergs as they follow the Labrador Current from Greenland.  May, June, and July are the best months for seeing them.

We will attend the "All Around the Circle" dinner theater in Crow Head one of the nights in Twillingate.  It's a two hour show of music and comedy and includes dinner (or why would it be called a dinner theater?).  I hope the show will be as good as the one we saw last night with Anchors Aweigh.

No comments :