This is primarily a travel blog in which I write about traveling in our motorhome. Our travels have

Nacogdoches, TX, United States
I began this blog as a vehicle for reporting on a 47-day trip made by my wife and me in our motorhome down to the Yucatan Peninsula and back. I continued writing about our post-Yucatan travels and gradually began including non-travel related topics. I often rant about things that piss me off, such as gun violence, fracking, healthcare, education, and anything else that pushes my button. I have a photography gallery on my Smugmug site (http://rbmartiniv.smugmug.com).

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Peggy's Cove

Today was a long, but good, day.  We left the RV Park at 10:00AM for Peggy’s Cove, about a half hour drive.  On the way, we stopped to see to see the Swiss Air 111 Memorial. The flight had gone down about 5 miles off the coast on September 2, 1998 killing all 229 passengers and crew on board.  After a few minutes there we continued on to Peggy’s Cove where we spent most of the day.

Peggy’s Cove is one of the most picturesque places we have been, so far.  There is a lighthouse out on the rocks that is supposedly the most photographed lighthouse in North America and we helped insure that it would maintain its claim to fame.  I crawled, jumped, and scrambled all over the rocks searching for photo ops and was not disappointed.  There was also a wharf with a few fishing boats and old buildings that were good photo subjects.

We had lunch at the Sou’Wester restaurant.  I had fish and chips and Carol Ann had a lobster roll.  If you want something other than seafood up here you have to look rather hard.  McDonalds even has lobster rolls.

We got back to the RV Park around 3:30PM and then Thursa, Claudia, Helen, John, and I left at 7:15PM to go back out to Peggy’s Cove to take photos of the sunset.  Yes, we actually had some sun today and were able to see the sunset.  We didn’t get back to the RV Park until a little after 10:00PM. 

Tomorrow a tour bus will pick us up at noon for a tour of Halifax, dinner, and the Tattoo.  We probably won’t get back to the RV Park before 11:00PM so if I’m able to post anything it will probably be another short one.

No comments :