This is primarily a travel blog in which I write about traveling in our motorhome. Our travels have

Nacogdoches, TX, United States
I began this blog as a vehicle for reporting on a 47-day trip made by my wife and me in our motorhome down to the Yucatan Peninsula and back. I continued writing about our post-Yucatan travels and gradually began including non-travel related topics. I often rant about things that piss me off, such as gun violence, fracking, healthcare, education, and anything else that pushes my button. I have a photography gallery on my Smugmug site (http://rbmartiniv.smugmug.com).

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Norfolk/Hampton

We arrived in Hampton, VA this afternoon after two days in Durham. It has been raining quite a bit and the RV park is flooded in places. What made the rain worse was having one of my windshield wipers fall off. Fortunately it was on the passenger side. We will be here for the next four days while I attend the reunion of the unit I was in while in Vietnam. The 2/11th Field Artillery. The reunion will be in Norfolk, across the bay from the RV park. It will necessitat driving through a tunnel under the bay, which I am not looking forward to at all. Friday the group will visit historic Williamsburg, only about 30 miles from here. Saturday we all go on a harbor cruise. We leave Sunday for College Park, MD where we will spend two weeks touring Washington, DC and surrounding area.

No comments :